Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Flight

I like to fly. I've only flown a few times and I've enjoyed all of them. Especially since I have been fortunate enough to be able to take my whole family.
I love the way people look at us when we come up to the gate with a stroller packed with carry-ons, a two year old in the seat and a three year old in tow. You can see it in their eyes. They're thinking 'Oh my lord, please don't let them have a seat by mine'. They look up and then down, like if they don't see us we won't get on the plane. It's really very funny :).
Even though the kids aren't always quite, they have always been better than we gave them credit for. I know this because we were sitting across from a two year old, on the way to California, who was too tired to go to sleep or couldn't because of the pressure on her ears. We helped mom with books and colors to try to calm the little girl since we knew all too well it could have been ours. She finally went to sleep and her mom got some rest too.
I don't know who I felt sorry for the most, the little girl who couldn't get comfortable or the mom who was feeling the burning thoughts of many of the passengers.

No comments: