Friday, April 13, 2007

No Man Needed???

The feminists dreams are about to be realized. Professor Karim Nayernia of the University of Newcastle has said it is theoretically possible to create a sperm cell from the bone marrow of a women. Of course they could only reproduce females. Read this: The Prospect of All-Female Conception
The thing that caught my attention is that the Professor said he didn't think there was any ethical problems as long as it was safe.
I'm thinking there is the same ethical problem that there is with human cloning.
I guess we're getting closer to not needing God or His creation. I don't really believe this could ever not need God, but it sure feels like the people building the Tower of Babel.

1 comment:

CzechFest said...

I work in the area of diagnostics and have seen some amazing stuff but I can tell you that as these discoveries are made some bizarre twist always comes into play. Its like God's way of letting man know who is really in charge. Whether we see man-woman cloning or not remains to be seen and i hope we dont but I have to think the God that scattered people at the tower of Babel will have a very interesting mind bender come into play for the genetic engineers of the future.