Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Texas History





I heard something the other day that disturbed me. A guy on the radio said that the United States took Texas from the Mexicans and therefore they deserved to inhabit it undisturbed. He was talking about ILLEGAL immigration.


It made me wonder how many people really don't know how Texas came to be. Now I certainly don't claim to be a history major but, if I'm not mistaking, the Texicans fought for their independence against the tyranny of the dictatorship of Santa Anna. Just like the colonist fought against the tyranny of the King of England. I'm sure there was more to it but that's the gist of it.
I'm also sure that before someone goes tying Texas up in some cockamamie crapola, they should study just a bit.

1 comment:

juli said...

mark! i didn't know you had been blogging!!!! well, hello! i've really got nothing inspiring to say in reference to this blog, but i sure i'm glad you've said it...and i've read all the other blogs and...i'm just so happy in this moment. thanks for that :)