Monday, June 15, 2009




As Fathers Day approaches I find myself thinking of my dad and remembering how he was always sure to make sure we knew how proud he was of us. I'm sure that many times he was not proud of the decisions I made or the friends I kept, but I am very sure he was proud of me and the fact that I was his son. I loved my dad and I know without a doubt that he loved me.

As I think about this I wonder about my own journey as a father. I am sure that I have made my fair share of mistakes as a father. I am sure that I have been at work when I should have been at a game or a party. I am sure that I have sat down on the couch at the end of the day and went to sleep when I should have played a game. I am sure that I should have taken more time reading books or pushing swings or wrestling or any number of things. I am sure that I have made my fair share of mistakes as a father.

As equally as I am sure of these things I am sure my kids know that I love them. I try to remember everytime I talk with them, to tell them how much I love them. However I must learn to take the time to tell them how proud I am of them. And so that brings me to the point of this ramble. Each of my children hold a special place in my heart. From the oldest to the youngest and all 5 in between, I could not be more proud. Failures or success, good decisions or bad each one of them bears my name, they are my children, and I could not be any more proud.








No comments: