Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Last of the M H-icans

I've been working at the "same" shop for twenty years. I don't know why except that I always seem to find something to commit to so I can't, with good conscience, leave the job undone. I say "same" because the company has gone through four names and a complete upper management turnover so technically it's really not the "same". I haven't gone anywhere but everyone else has. All the guys I came up in the trade with are gone. All the guys I worked for are gone. There is only me and one more left and he's received an offer that I don't think he can refuse. So here I am, hard headed and not going anywhere till they run me out. I'm the last of the M H-icans.

2 comments:

CzechFest said...

Brother Mark:My work life story is very similar. Could it be that you have not left for God has not released you to go somewhere else? Could you be in fact the obedient worker to God and His work at your company?Are you really the Love,Hope,Faith all the while being the hard assed manager required in the trades?

texelct said...

Man, I hope so.